Remember… your job is not your life!
Ever feel like you’re working too much? We’ve gathered the best work-life balance quotes to help you get some perspective. Your career may be very important to you, but time by yourself to recharge is critical.
Your working life might be taking over, and maybe it’s getting a bit too much. These work-to-live quotes will remind you that it’s all about enjoying the good times.
Quotes about working too much will help you consider the value of taking time off from your job for other important things such as family, friends, and rest. These work-life quotes have something for everyone!
Love our images? Please consider sharing these your job is not your life quotes on your Pinterest boards to support our work! Why not Whatsapp your favorite one to friends and family that you know are feeling burned out too?
Work-Life Balance Quotes
1. “Invest in your work-life balance. Time with friends and family is as important as time at work. Getting that out of balance is a path toward unhappiness.” – Stephen Gillett
2. “Work-life balance is not an entitlement or benefit. Your company cannot give it to you. You have to create it for yourself.” – Matthew Kelly
3. “Work to live, don’t live to work.” – Unknown
4. “You will never feel truly satisfied by work until you are satisfied by life.” – Heather Schuck
5. “Working life can often be unbalanced, keep a check on that.” – Unknown
6. “The ‘Work to Live’ mentality is all fun and games until you’re out of balance.” – Unknown
7. “Give yourself permission to ask yourself whether you are working too much. You’re allowed to play too.” – Unknown
8. “There is no such thing as work-life balance. Everything worth fighting for unbalances your life.” – Alain de Botton
9. “There is no such thing as work-life balance. There are work-life choices, and you make them, and they have consequences.” – Unknown
10. “It’s all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and friends and family.” – Philip Green
Next: Work Ethic Quotes
11. “The challenge of work-life balance is without question one of the most significant struggles faced by modern man.” – Stephen Covey
12. “Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.” – Dolly Parton
13. “You can’t truly be considered successful in your business life if your home life is in shambles.”- Zig Ziglar
14. “You have to balance your passions, not your time.” – Lisa Sugar
15. “Balance is not better time management, but better boundary management. Balance means making choices and enjoying those choices.” – Betty Jacobson
Next: Hard Work Quotes
16. “If you want to change the world, go home and love your family.” – Mother Teresa
17. “We think, mistakenly, that success is the result of the amount of time we put in at work, instead of the quality of time we put in.” — Arianna Huffington,
18. “We have overstretched our personal boundaries and forgotten that true happiness comes from living an authentic life fueled with a sense of purpose and balance.” – Dr. Kathleen Hall
19. “No one on his deathbed ever said, ‘I wish I had spent more time at the office.’” – Paul Tsongas
20. “Burnout is about resentment. Preventing it is about knowing yourself well enough to know what it is you’re giving up that makes you resentful.”– Marissa Mayer
You Might Also Like: How To Improve Your Work-Life Balance
21. “What is a work-life imbalance? It’s: I feel safe at home, I don’t feel safe at work. That’s the imbalance. And no amount of yoga or vacation time is going to fix that.” ― Simon Sinek
22. “Work, love, and play are the great balance wheels of man’s being.” – Orison Swett Marden
23. “Is your job working for your life?” – Unknown
24. “Balance is not better time management, but better boundary management. Balance means making choices and enjoying those choices.” – Betsy Jacobson
25. “We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own ‘to do list’.” – Michelle Obama
26. You will never find time for anything. If you want time, you must make it. – Charles Buxton
27. “Work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. The other four balls—family, health, friends, and integrity—are made of glass. If you drop one of these, it will be irrevocably scuffed, nicked, perhaps even shattered.” – Gary Keller
28. “Don’t confuse having a career with having a life.” – Hillary Clinton
29. “Forget work-life balance…do the thing you want and create systems to support that. Perfectly imbalanced in the direction you want to go is perfectly acceptable.” – Richie Norton
30 “You can’t do a good job if your job is all you do.” – Katie Thurmes
You Might Also Like:
Holly Jaskolka is a certified Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) practitioner, yoga instructor, and an impassioned advocate for holistic well-being. Fueled by her love for animals and wanderlust, Holly leads a plant-based lifestyle that she complements with immersive travel experiences. When she’s not jet-setting to uncover the world’s hidden gems, she’s empowering individuals to heal emotionally, particularly those grappling with the aftermath of breakups. Connect with Holly on LinkedIn.