Affirmations are a really amazing practice that you can easily add to your daily routine, in order to shift your mindset, increase your confidence, and ultimately create a better life for yourself. When you have goals and dreams and begin to use these positive present tense statements as if they have already been achieved and created, you will begin to naturally take beneficial and productive actions. This is a perfect recipe for personal development, growth, taking control of your life, and becoming the best version of yourself!
How To Write Affirmations
- Do some journalling on your goals and desires on an area in your life most important to you
- Visualize your goals as if they have already happened
- Pick 3-5 present tense statements that describe this goal as if it is already happening – these are your affirmations
- Make your affirmations believable so that you don’t allow doubt to creep in as you use them
- Write each statement morning and night in a journal, ten times each
- Write your affirmations on post-its around your desk, or in places you will see them regularly
- Say the statements out loud to yourself throughout the day (in the mirror is a good space for this)
If you are struggling to think of your goals and desires, a great exercise to do is to write out your ‘perfect day’. No holding back, get some paper and a pen, and just write what would be your perfect day; where you would wake up, where you would be, who’d you be with, what you’d be doing, how much money you’d have in your bank, the job you’d have. Even if it sounds totally unrealistic as you write it, it is a great exercise you can do as it will help you to get clearer on where you’d like to be, and the gap you have in between where you are now.
You might already be close to where you are dreaming of, and it is just a case that money is bothering you, for instance. Therefore, this will help you to cultivate awareness on where you feel you would like to improve and therefore what area to set goals in. Using affirmation is not about hating where you’re at or giving yourself a hard time; it is about you accepting and loving where you are, but allowing yourself to want more too.
Examples of Affirmations
Here are some examples of affirmations for you to get some guidance from.
- I am constantly evolving into a better version of myself.
- I easily attract the opportunities that lead to my success.
Self-Love and Confidence
- I am worthy of love and respect.
- I believe in myself and my abilities.
Health and Wellness
- I honor my body and treat it with the care it deserves.
- I am in control of my health and wellness.
Career and Professional Development
- I am competent, smart, and capable of achieving professional success.
- I bring unique skills and perspectives to my workplace.
- I attract loving, caring people into my life.
- I am a source of love and inspiration for my friends and family.
- I am at peace with my past and excited for my future.
- I choose happiness and positivity to fill my life.
- I attract financial abundance and opportunities.
- Money comes to me easily and effortlessly.
- I make the most out of every moment in my day.
- I am organized and manage my time wisely.
Creativity and Passion
- I am constantly inspired and filled with creative energy.
- I pursue my passions relentlessly and find joy in them.
- I am connected to a higher power that guides me in all decisions.
- My life is a beautiful reflection of my soul.
Holly Jaskolka is a certified Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) practitioner, yoga instructor, and an impassioned advocate for holistic well-being. Fueled by her love for animals and wanderlust, Holly leads a plant-based lifestyle that she complements with immersive travel experiences. When she’s not jet-setting to uncover the world’s hidden gems, she’s empowering individuals to heal emotionally, particularly those grappling with the aftermath of breakups. Connect with Holly on LinkedIn.